T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA
Teacher Education and Compensation Helps, T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA, is a unique scholarship program that links training, compensation, and commitment to improve the quality of early care and educational experiences for young children and their families.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M ELIGIBLE?
Any teacher, director or family child care home professional meeting the following criteria may apply:
- Lives and works in Indiana
- Is employed at least 30 hours per week in a licensed, registered or legally exempt early childhood center, family child care home, or registered ministry within Indiana (for Full Time Scholarship)
- Is employed at least 20 hours but no more than 29 hours per week in a licensed, registered or legally exempt early childhood center, family child care home, or registered ministry within Indiana (for Part Time Scholarship)
- Earns less than $15.00 per hour as a teacher or less than $18.00 per hour as a director/ administrator/owner
- Is a high school graduate or has obtained a GED
- Has the support of his/her employer
Career or Technical/Vocational High School students meeting the following criteria may apply for the CDA Assessment Scholarship:
- Currently taking dual credit towards an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Seeking to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Agrees to work for at least six months in a licensed, registered or legally exempt Early Childhood program upon graduation; OR
- Agrees to enroll in a 2 or 4 year Early Childhood degree upon graduation
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) training, assessment, and/or renewal
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
SCHOLARSHIPS COVER (excluding CDA Assessment Scholarship for Career or Technical/Vocational High School Seniors)…
- The majority of tuition and book fees
- Travel stipends
- A bonus for successfully completing a contract
- Employer reimbursement covering the scholarship recipient’s release time needed for study or attending class (for some scholarship models)
*CDA Assessment Scholarship for Career or Technical/Vocational High School Seniors covers 90% of assessment fees.
Children are the main beneficiaries. They are able to bond with an early care and education professional who has made a commitment to the profession, who is a specialist in early childhood education, who understands child development and who is sensitive to the needs of young children.
Participants benefit by attainment of credentials and degrees which increase their knowledge and lead to higher compensation.
Early care and education programs benefit by retaining early childhood professionals trained in child development, reducing turnover and enhancing the program’s quality.