WHAT IS A PATHS TO QUALITY COACH?
With funding provided by the Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning through the federal Child Care Development Fund, the Indiana Accreditation Project is able to provide accreditation coaching in conjunction with the state’s early care and education quality rating and improvement system, Paths to QUALITY™, also known as PTQ.
Indiana AEYC PTQ Coaches are EXPERIENCED
Our PTQ Coaches have been employed as teachers, directors, lead caregivers, and even college or university professors.
Indiana AEYC PTQ Coaches are EDUCATED
Our PTQ Coaches believe in higher education and the most recent research. All of our PTQ Coaches have a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field. Many have or are working towards a Master’s degree or Doctorate in the field.
Indiana AEYC PTQ Coaches are COMMITTED
Serving nearly 1,000 early care and education facilities in Indiana, including centers, homes, schools, and ministries, our PTQ Coaches are respectful of each professional, facility type, and are dedicated to the highest level of quality for all Indiana’s young children.
Indiana AEYC PTQ Coaches are LOCAL
Our PTQ Coaches live and work in the communities around them, so they can truly understand the early care and education landscape of those professionals they coach. As advocates and experts, our PTQ Coaches are embedded in coalitions, community assessments, Indiana AEYC chapters, and higher education conversations.
Meet the Indiana AEYC-Indiana Accreditation Project Staff
Indiana Accreditation Project Map of Services
WHAT RESOURCES DO PTQ COACHES PROVIDE?
PTQ Coaches can provide a myriad of technical assistance and training services to early care and education professionals. While each Indiana AEYC PTQ Coach comes with their own experience and specialties, they can assist in the assessment of PTQ and national accreditation readiness, conduct classroom observations, provide modeling sessions for administration and teachers in best practices, jointly plan goals and create action plans to achieve them, and so much more.
For a complete list of services, please click the link below and review the Indiana Accreditation Project Menu of Services:
Indiana Accreditation Project Menu of Services
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO BE ASSIGNED AN INDIANA AEYC PTQ COACH?
To be eligible for an Indiana AEYC PTQ Coach the licensed center, licensed home, certified registered ministry, public school or other legally license exempt facility must:
- Be operating legally within the State of Indiana
- Be enrolled in Paths to QUALITY™ at any level;
- If applicable, have a current license or registration, with no current or pending negative action, issued by the State of Indiana, Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning.
HOW ARE COACHES ASSIGNED?
An early care and education professional or facility interested in seeking Paths to QUALITY™ Level 4 and national accreditation must:
- Review all eligibility requirements to ensure compliance for their facility;
- Complete the appropriate Indiana Accreditation Project Application for Paths to QUALITY Level 4 Coaching
- Secure a signature and date for the Certification of Statements and Assurances on page 3 of the application. This page must be signed by one of the following:
- Owner of the program, or
- Person associated with the program or sponsoring entity that can enter into a state contract. This may include a regional manager, board president, or program administrator.
Once the completed application is received, it will be processed within 30 calendar days and receive one of three responses:
- Approved – An Indiana AEYC PTQ Coach is assigned
- Pending – Further information is needed to complete the process or the applying facility is not in good standing with PTQ.
- Denied – The applying facility is not currently enrolled in PTQ.
The applying facility will be contacted via USPS and email regarding the decision within 30 days of receiving the application.
HOW DO I FIND AN INDIANA ACCREDITATION PROJECT APPLICATION FOR PATHS TO QUALITY LEVEL 4 COACHING?
WHERE DO I SEND IT?
Once completed and signed, the application can be mailed via USPS or another carrier of your choice, faxed, or emailed using the information below.
Please note that some applications or materials may include personal information and by transmitting this information over fax or email the professional doing so is liable for any fraudulent activities that result from the transmission process.
IAP IN AEYC
4755 Kingsway Drive, Suite 107
Indianapolis, IN 46205
317-259-9489 Attn: IAP
Scan and email to: email@example.com
If you have any further questions, please contact a Paths to QUALITY™ Coach or the Accreditation Project at 800-657-7577 or 317-356-6884.