NAEYC and Indiana AEYC Members receive additional benefits. As a member you can:
- Post a Current Position Opening; or
- Search for Career Opportunities
Contact Us for more information.
Open Career Opportunities with Indiana AEYC
Indiana AEYC is currently recruiting for the following position:
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA Professional Development Advisor.
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA Professional Development Advisor will serve as a case manager for scholarship recipients within an assigned Indiana service area. Review applicant information and process according to program requirements and guidelines, manage and maintain recipient and sponsor records, recruit eligible recipients and sponsors, provide information and advise clients on accessing and completing the available scholarship(s). This is a Full Time/Non Exempt position.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and Child Development credentialing (when available) required in any of the following: ECE, Child Development, Consumer and Family Sciences, Education including at least 12 credit hours in early childhood related coursework or a related field
2. Master’s degree preferred
3. Minimum of three years working experience in an ECE classroom.
4. Minimum of 3 years working in a regulated ECE setting.
5. Minimum of three years administrative experience in the ECE profession as an administrator or director.
6. Applicant will be subject to criminal history check as required by the OECOSL
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Ability to work well with a diverse client population.
9. Ability to assume responsibility for completion of assignments.
10. Computer literate, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and Access experience.
11. Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable automobile. Travel throughout the state and to attend evening meetings is a requirement of this position.
12. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please download and review the position description below to ensure you meet the minimum requirements. When applying for this position please use Job ID#633 in the subject line of the email. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA Professional Development Advisor
Indiana AEYC is currently recruiting for the following position:
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA Assistant Director.
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing and management of the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA Project. The position is responsible of providing mentoring and technical assistance to T.E.A.C.H. Counselors. Manage the day-to-day operations and implementation of T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA by providing direct oversight and leadership. This is a Full Time/Exempt position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development and Family Studies, Human Services or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years Supervisory or Management Experience.
- Management of budgets in excess of $2,000,000.
- Knowledge and understanding of early childhood and child development credentials and degrees.
- Successful completion of training by the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Technical Assistance Center.
- Knowledge and understanding of Paths to QUALITY®.
- Ability to perform T.E.A.C.H. Counselor role
- Applicant will be subject to criminal history check as required by the OECOSL
- Computer proficiency with all Microsoft Office Applications and FileMaker Pro.
- Demonstrated proficiency in math and project analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Be able to adapt readily to change.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with ability to perform assignments efficiently and accurately.
- Must deliver quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem-solve and provide leadership in a productive team environment
Please download and review the position description below to ensure you meet the minimum requirements. When applying for this position please use Job ID#634 in the subject line of the email. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 to: email@example.com.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® INDIANA Assistant Director
Other Open Career Opportunities
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Primrose School-Lead Teachers
Primrose School in West Carmel, West Clay and Bridgewater, are currently recruiting for Lead Teachers.
A few of the advantages of being part of the Primrose team include:
- The opportunity to make a difference
- A working environment in which team members respect one another
- A School Leadership Team that supports the professional and personal growth of the staff
- Low student/teacher ratios
- Clear expectations, necessary resources, and support to meet children’s needs
- Extensive training and opportunities for continual learning and development for staff
Lead Teachers are responsible for general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and positive discipline of the children. He or she plans and implements the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum, which includes activities for children that stress physical, social, and emotional growth and provides materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in active play. Lead Teachers prepare materials and their classroom for class activities and conducts all activities in a safe, organized, and productive manner.
- Supervises and manages daily functions for a class of children
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Director
- Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
- Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must meet all requirements stipulated by the state for this position
- Classroom teaching experience in an accredited early childhood facility a plus
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact with students of all ages and skill levels
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
Any interested applicants can contact Lisa Housh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Opportunity Announcement with KinderCare (Purdue University)-Various Positions
Purdue University Early Care & Education Center is hiring for various positions on Purdue’s Campus
Purdue University Early Care & Education Center is seeking a Program Specialist and Assistant Teacher
To apply visit:
Patty Jischke Early Care & Education Center is seeking a Lead Toddler Teacher & Assistant Teacher
To apply visit:
Employment Opportunity Announcement with Finding Me Now Learning Center-Various Positions
Finding Me Now Learning Center is hiring for various Early Childhood positions in Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne
Please review the position descriptions below to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications. Interested applicants should send resumes to: email@example.com
Teaching Assistant-2 year old room (Ft. Wayne)
School Age Teaching Assistant (Indy)
Cook/Bus Driver (Ft. Wayne)
Employment Opportunity Announcement with St. Mary’s Child Center of Indianapolis
Lead Preschool Teacher
St. Mary’s Child Center of Indianapolis, Indiana is seeking a full time teacher to start ASAP.
St. Mary’s Child Center is a NAEYC accredited, licensed, Level 4 Paths to Quality preschool following the principles of the Reggio Emilia philosophy. Our mission is to serve children in poverty with lifelong learning leading to lifelong success.
The persons seeking this position must have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or NAEYC equivalent
• Ability to facilitate best practices in Early Childhood
• Respect for children, their unique personalities and cultures
• Respect for families and a willingness to engage positively with them
• Enthusiasm for children, wanting to make a difference to each and every child
• Disposition to work positively with others in a collaborative atmosphere
• Good communication skills with students and families; This includes documentation that is part of the Reggio Influenced curriculum
• Complete state reporting
• Creativity and flexibility to be able to change the day to meet the needs and interests of the children
• Possess the ability to catch a fleeing child
• Spanish-speaking preferred, not required
Full benefits package; starting salary $35,000
For more information about St. Mary’s Child Center:
9230 Hawkins Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216